Sunday, November 9, 2008

From the desk of Percy

Hi there al,
This weekend was awesome, with the exception that I miss Magriet very, very ,much. You know, you do not realize what someone means to you unless that are far from you. I have yet learned a few valuable lessons this week:
1) This country so far has been good to me in the sense that there are so many cultures and helped me to realize to understand the heart of people. People here are in dire need of our Father's love, but they are teaching me to love people for who they are.
2) I went camping this weekend, it was great. The desert is beautiful and I had my first 30m dune driving and 4x4 experience. I thought that I would challenge others to get out of their comfort zones, but the one challenged was me. I have done things here that I never thought that I would be capable of. I maybe got the bargain of my life, an FJ Cruiser for Magriet, from people who want to leave Dubai, for the same price as a new Corolla (This machine is designed for Magriet's new hobby). I just know that Magriet is going to love it here, it feels like the Lion that I had in my dreams, has finally awoken.
3) The people that I am meeting are all high profile people, and this in itself is a great challenge for me.
People are the key to God's heart and it took me a lifetime to realize this. In my life I have been so selfish, by always wanting what I want. But Christ has shown me a new way of living and a profound way to reach people, without putting myself first.
Praise His Name
I miss all of you very much, but when Jesus called his disciples, he did not ask wait. He said come and I will make you fisher's of people.
Tears>>>>>>>>Sorry I love you all Shaloam. Percy

1 comment:

  1. Ek is lekker jaloers op al die mooi dinge wat vir jou en Griet wag, maar ek gun jul dit met my hele hart!!! Ek baie lief v julle en hoop julle het 'n royal tyd daar anderkant!!!
    Al die inligting is baie interessant en ek sal weer kom loer! Ek gaan nou slaap, werk hard en slaap hard!

    Mooi bly!!
    Lana

    ReplyDelete

Hey, skryf wat jy dink!